The 5 Commandments of Women And How Learn More

Learn More about Texas Urogynecology.

People are concerned about many things in life but their health is a major concern. It is common for people to see a health professional when they have health problems. But health professionals have different levels of qualification and specialization. Although your primary doctor may not treat all health problems he or she may recommend a specialist. For instance, your primary doctor will recommend you see a urogynecologist when necessary.

In this particular article we shall focus on urogynecology. Urogynecology focuses on female medicine that deals with pelvic floor disorders. This involves both gynecology and reconstructive surgery. Urogynecologists treat non-cancerous conditions affecting the female organs, together with their supporting muscles and tissues.

Women bodies experience many changes in their lifetime. These changes will have effects on women in many ways. Such changes will include fluctuations in weight, pregnancy, menstruation, and menopause. But one area of concern is the pelvic floor. It is the pelvic floor which holds the reproductive organs, the bladder, and the bowel in the right position. However, the pelvic floor muscles and the ligaments can become weak over time. A weakened pelvic floor may result in the shift of the organs and pelvis which may cause other problems.

It is, however, important you visit a urogyn in Houston, once you experience symptoms of a weakened pelvic floor. However, look for an experienced urogynecologist such as Dr. Lotze. Adequate experience is worth considering when looking for a urogynecologist.

Pelvic floor disorders result in troubling symptoms. The most common symptom is urinary incontinence. Since the bladder will have dropped, your urge to go to the bathroom will increase. A shift in bowel might cause affect your bowel control.

You might also have pressure on the vagina, as well as bulges in your vagina and rectum. Such pressure and bulges occurs because of the organs have dropped to the rectum and vagina. At some point, you experience persistent pain and discomfort and severe bleeding. A good way to have the problem treated would be to see a urogynecologist.

Because urogynecologists have special training and knowledge on conditions that affect the pelvic floor in women, they are better suited for such conditions. A urogyn will offer a proper diagnosis based on symptoms, testing, and examination. The physician will then offer a series of treatments such as exercises and medication. Also, surgical treatment like the laparoscopic pelvic surgery would be recommended as an alternative. But every treatment is usually different and will depend on the specific situation of the patient.

Why not learn more about Maternity?

Getting Down To Basics with Healthcare